Evolution Arts has once again teamed up with Sussex Prairies to bring you four Sunday workshops in the most spectacular of settings for summer 2013. Just 11 miles north of Brighton and close to the town of Henfield, Sussex Prairies is a six-acre garden surrounded by mature oak trees and consisting of shimmering, free-flowing, prairie-style planting.
- Just 11 miles north of Brighton
- Free collection can be arranged from nearby Hassocks station. Trains run regularly thoughout the day from Brighton (a 10 minute journey).
- Activities are tailored to suit the weather – indoors or outdoors.
- Meet the pigs, the sheep and the bees!
- Bring a picnic lunch; freshly brewed teas, coffee and delicious home-made cakes are available from the Prairies’ Tea Shop throughout the day
- Sussex Prairies Garden is open daily for visitors from 1 June until October 2013, 1pm to 5pm. For details, visit www.sussexprairies.co.uk
Mindfulness & the Art of Writing
Tutor: Wendy Ann Greenhalgh
Writing isn’t just about words; writing can lead us into a deeper connection with ourselves and the world around us. Peaceful, creative, writing exercises and meditations will help you explore your inner and outer worlds. No previous writing or meditation experience is necessary.
£55 / no concs Sunday 10.30am – 4.30pm
Tutor: Paul Yarde
Using recycled and left-over materials such as coloured and textured glass from stained glass windows, you will create two small items: a mosaic framed mirror and a glass applique design. All materials and adhesives included but please bring an overall or wear old clothes.
£58 / no concs Sunday 10.30am to 4.30pm
Mindfulness & the Art of Drawing & Writing
Tutor: Wendy Ann Greenhalgh
Using simple meditation and creative exercises, you’ll discover how an attitude of openness and noticing can turn writing and drawing into play, into an act of communion with yourself and with the beautiful gardens and fields of the Sussex Prairies. No previous writing, drawing or meditation experience is necessary.
£55 / no concs Sunday 10.30am to 4.30pm
Nature Diaries Day at Sussex Prairies with Wendy Ann Greenhalgh
A small friendly group gathered at the lush Sussex Prairies nestled in the beautiful South Downs for a day of Nature dairies and collage, with the creative writer Wendy Greenhalgh. Greeted with yet another warm welcome from our hosts Paul and Pauline to truly relax into the day.
Wendy encouraged us to wander and "just be" in this gorgeous naturalist garden. This one day course had an easy and gentle pace. By the end of the day, we had a moleskin notebook filled with our our own personal experiences of the elements, trees, flowers, foliage and sculptures that adorn this special venue in the South Downs. Ann